For inquiries regarding any services I’ve listed here, please contact me via my contact page.
Music Video Production
The bulk of my work these days is music videos, so that is the main service I offer. I won’t go into detail here about the exact kind of work I do, as you can view all my past work on this website. Although most music videos I make are hip hop based, I’m happy working in other genres too.
Video concepts or themes I generally leave to the artist to decide on. I may be able to suggest a few locations that I know of, although at the end of the day, I believe it is best for the artist to choose a theme, concept or location they feel is best suited to their song. Leaving me free to just concentrate on making everything look good. Otherwise, my suggestion would be to look at my past work, and if there’s anything you specifically like the look of, let me know and I should be able to produce something with a similar look.
Attention to detail is something that’s important to me. My editing style is very rhythmical, with a lot of time spent ensuring the edits complement the music in best possible way. Colour grading and noise reduction to improve the look and quality of the video are also applied.
Currently I’m shooting with a small pocket sized Sony RX100 IV. This allows me to shoot high dynamic range (S-LOG 2) 4K footage, as well as 1080P slow motion up to 250fps. I’ve found this to be a great camera to shoot with due to the small size and high quality footage it produces. The 1″ image sensor on the RX100 IV is roughly the same size as 16mm film, which is what the TV show The Walking Dead is shot. So provides a similar look to that.
I’m currently trying to get enough money together to complete work on a green screen studio. The videos I’ll be producing with this set up will be nothing like anything I’ve done before, utilising a technique that has been used for a number of iconic scenes in the Matrix films and many other big name movies. Stay tuned for more details.
Pre-booking a music video and pricing
Currently I only accept pre-bookings on this website using the ‘Buy Now’ button below. Previously I was happy accepting payments on the day of shooting or via a bank transfer, although due to a few bad experiences with clients in the past, I can no longer work that way.
Upon booking a video to be shot via the ‘Buy Now’ button below, you will be redirected to a payment confirmation page, and I will then contact you within 24 hours to confirm the details. If you don’t hear from me within a day, please get in touch via the contact form.
Advantages of pre-booking a music video via this website
- Advance payments give me a reason to fully commit to a project and complete it as soon as possible, rather than wasting time whilst waiting for a deferred payment or bank transfer.
- With less time wasted chasing people for money, forwarding my bank transfer details, or having to write out an invoice or receipt, I am happy working for much less. Which provides more value for artists, allowing them to get more done for less.
- Advance bookings can provide me with funds to purchase gear before a video is shot, that can be used to enhance the look of that video. Like lights perhaps, software, or various camera accessories.
- It’s a simple transaction, much the same as ordering physical products online. You pay for the item online, and it then gets delivered a week or two later. In this case, the online payment allows me to confirm a time to shoot, then edit the video once it has been shot and deliver the finished product as soon as it’s completed via a cloud sharing service such as WeTransfer, Vimeo or OneDrive. Normally within a couple of weeks (if I’m not too busy). And all handled by PayPal, with support for Visa card and MasterCard.
A quick message for new clients
I understand that some people may not feel comfortable paying for the work up front. Or may even worry that I’ll run off with their money, do a bad job or not complete the work? My response to such concerns is to look at all my past work. There’s over 120 videos there, with the most recent appearing at the top of the page. If you don’t feel the work I’m producing is up to your standard, or that I’m not providing value, then you might want to look elsewhere.
Terms & Conditions
- All music videos are to be paid for and booked via the ‘Buy Now’ button on this website only.
- No work will be carried out until payment has been made.
- I do not offer refunds on any work that has been completed.
- One free revision will be offered per video for any changes that need to be made. Details of changes must be very specific with the start times of takes that need to be swapped out, lengthened or shortened. For example ‘remove the take at 1:07 and lengthen the take before it’ or ‘replace the take at 2:16 with the take that appears at 1:32’. For colour grade changes, be very specific also. Vague instructions allow the lines of “make it faster/slower” or “show more or less of this” are useless to me. I need to know exactly what parts to fix, and how they need to be fixed in order to avoid further complications.
- Additional revisions will be charged at $50/hour. The time spent on these additional tasks can be tracked via a screen capture time lapse video as I work on them.
- If a video needs to be released on a specific date, I need to be provided with a deadline to complete the video at least 3 or 4 days before then. That will allow me time to make changes if required, as well as allow for additional rendering and uploading times.
- A complete mastered version of the song and any titles or logos to be included must be provided before the video or first revision are completed.
- I will not be held responsible for any issues that arise outside of my role as a cinematographer, director, editor, colourist or visual effects artist. Such issues may include the acquirement of location permits, distribution of release forms, or any legal action carried out by persons who do not wish for their image to appear in a video.
- If a client wishes for their video to be distributed to television stations for broadcast purposes, a final lossless master HD copy will be provided along with the most recent Mac & Windows codecs to play the file. This can then be given to a video transfer house for conversion to Digibeta or whatever other format is required by the television station/s.
If you have any questions, please contact me using the contact form here and your message will be sent to my email.